Daniel Hansson - Curriculum Vitae
More than 20 years of experience in web and advertising industry has given me knowledge in design, marketing and strategy. After an extended period as web developer, I would now like to develop further in marketing and design. As an independent consultant I have developed a great adaptability in both small and large organizations and to quickly learn new systems and working methods. I can offer hard work and passionate interest in my profession. My approach is goal based, and focused on giving the customer the best results. I have alternately been described as positive, determined, professional, loyal, dependable, and with a big bundle of humor.
Areas of expertise
Learning Innovation Of The Year 2007
7city Learning Ltd | London, UK
Synergised the design, structure and content of the E-learning delegate portals for ACCA and CFA qualifications. Break through merge between online learning and streaming ebook content. This solution won the company “Learning innovation of the year 2007” by World of Learning Awards.
Complete work history
Contribe AB/ Softhouse AB - IKEA Communications| Sweden
2018-06 - Current
- IKEA Communications needed help in the form of Business Analys for the Print, Digital, Inpack, Onpack, Product Coordinators och Photo retouch departments. The role required to identify, document and manage business requirements for solutions used at IKEA Communications, so that the solutions meet the needs and expectations of the users, and other internal or external stakeholders.
- Brought a project for digital approval (Dalim ES) to life because development had stopped before summer 2018. Documented the manual process and translated it to a digital workflow in an effort to lessen printing and paper costs and save around 800 000 SEK per year. This enabled an increase in photo production of more than 30 000 images per year.
- Identified and enabled a new print flow for production of the IKEA catalogue. This made the delivery of files for localization completely automated, making the process easily scalable..
Contribe AB - Linnéuniversitetet | Sweden
2017-05 - 2018-05
- Hired to write User Stories and structure the development of a Exam System for Linneus University in Kalmar and Växjö. The System puts through around 61 000 students per year and works to bridge the hall-booking software and exam software for matching upp bookings with halls, placing students in halls, handle requirements for students with adjustment and order materials.
- His assignment also encompassed producing a UI in accordance with the corporate identity, creating mockups and prototypes, write documentation and act as a vice project manager in the day to day development cycle.
- Linneus University also asked for a separate project where Daniel held workshops during the spring 2018 about how to write effective technical specifications to improve the awareness in the organisation and become better purchasers.
Contribe AB | Sweden
2016-11 - 2017-05
- Developed logotypes and a simple graphic identity for the Iconova startup, as well for their web app "Verumator" to help them reach out as a modern and trustworthy company in digital mapping.
- Created marketing material for Contribe for large screen advertising, information material and sales aids.
- Updated the user interface for "Barnsam" - an app for mental and physical wellbeing of young children. The updated look and feel helped making the product marketable towards municipalities all over Sweden..
Self Employed | Sweden
2011-11 - 2016-11
Supplying services within print and web design to a variation of companies.
- Supplied as a sub contractor catering to the clients of LR Quality. Jobs not strictly limited to graphic or web design.
- Implemented improvements in the “Verksamhetssystem” and development of additional plugins for the system
- Production of folders for Skruf Snus AB
- Translation of documents between English and Swedish and vice versa.
- Production of adverts for Swedish national media for Blondy & Blacky and FormedlarBil.
- Front-end development and cutting edge technologies like responsive webdesign and using HTML 5 and CSS3.
Graphic Web Designer
HL Design & Media AB | Växjö, Sweden
2009-06-25 – 2011-10-31
- Enforced rigorous routines and work tools to cut down the development time of templates for Intranets and CMS specific designs from one month to less than one week. This increased the amount of projects the team could handle concurrently.
- Redesign of “MyPages” – an administrative front end for all major regional bus companies in the south of Sweden. Focus on speed, accessibility and ease of use for staff.
- Conceptualised template designs and site structures, as well as prototyping and information structure for all 270+ websites using the WebManager CMS.
Front End Web Developer
Polar Rose AB | Malmö, Sweden
2008-08 – 2009-04
- Introduced new features and functions in two major updates of the company’s website and beta service in November 2008 and April 2009 to boost marketability to 3rd party users on Flickr and Facebook.
- Reworked the interface scripts from script.aculo.us and prototype to jQuery library to increase productivity and increase performance in leading web browsers.
Web Designer | Contract
GT London Ltd | London, UK
2008-04 – 2008-04
- Produced manual newsletters for Microsoft Xbox, in particular for the launch of GTA IV taking place in 17 different languages and 13 countries mid April 2008. Utilized techniques to ensure accessibility both in web based clients as well as desktop equivalents.
- Optimised bugfixing techniques for ASDA.co.uk to meet deadline by end of April.
Web Coder | Contract
ASOS.COM | London, UK
2008-02 – 2008-03
- Primary responsibility for quality, assuring newsletters, landing pages and microsites for the various fashion trends highlighted on the company website.
Web Co-ordinator | Contract
IPC Media | London, UK
2007-11 – 2008-02
- Implemented design and code on some of the more distinguished titles such as Marie Claire, Womoan and Home, InStyle and Living ETC.
- Produced online applications such as and online advent calendar and a Google Mashup for Woman and Home Walking Clubs.
- Harmonised the code between older and newer sites, to increase reusable code.
Freelance Web Designer
The Harcourt Arms | London, UK
2007-03 - 2007-04
- Redesigned website for a popular pub among Scandinavians
Freelance Web Developer
LR Quality AB | Sweden
2006-02 - 2006-05
- Freelance development work on an work compliance system based on Joomla CMS.
7City Learning Ltd | London, UK
2006-10 – 2007-11
- Developed b2b portals and e-learning systems in a front end capacity for major banks and financial institutes on a daily basis.
- Synergised the design, structure and content of the E-learning delegate portals for ACCA and CFA qualifications. This solution won the company “Learning innovation of the year 2007” by World of Learning Awards.
Freelance Web Developer
Direktlaminat AB | Sweden
2004-01 - 2004-06
- Structured and designed the intranet for the use of +100 staff.
In-house Designer And Assistant It-manager
Churston Heard | London, UK
2003-10 – 2006-10
- Designed and coded a company intranet with a digital booking system for meeting rooms , equipment, and a digital office plan using plain XHTML, with a use of ASP, PHP, and connecting both to MySQL. This increased efficiency on a cross-department level.
- Establishing work process. Reducing response time for design projects from 2 weeks to 2 days – improving productivity for the IT department and higher customer satisfaction, and decreased cost of outsourced projects.
Web Designer | Contract
Bläck & Company AB | Sweden
2002-10 - 2003-09
Technical Web Designer
AOL Time Warner | London, UK
2000-07 - 2001-12
Human Reklam & Media | Sweden
1999-11 - 2000-07
Växjö Municipality | Sweden
1998-04 - 1999-09
Lejdfors Marknadskommunikation | Sverige
1996-04 – 1998-03
B.Fashion & B.Hair i Växjö AB | Växjö, Sweden
2007-01 – Present
- Member of the board
- Chief Marketing Officer
- 2 day course in SCRUM and agile project management.
Basic Business Economy
2016-02 – 2016-04
- Basic course in business economy and marketing strategy.
Pro Web Designer Course
2011 – 2012
- Course focusing on webdevelopment, SEO, standards and marketing solutions
VTC Online Training
2007 – 2008
- Various online courses in development and programming. Focus on PHP, prototype, scriptaculous and jQuery
Harlequin Solutions | London, UK
2000 – 2000
Creative Layout with Jan White
Populär kommunikation | Stockholm, Sweden
1998 – 1998
- Certified course in editing and layout with consumer focus
Diploma in Layout & Advertising
RMI Berghs School of Design | Stockholm, Sweden
1996 – 1997
- Layout, Advertising, Graphic Design, Typography and Illustration.
Kungsmadskolan | Växjö, Sweden
1992 – 1995
- Majors: Multimedia, Graphic Design and filmmaking.
Do you need a project specific quote?
Fill out the form and give me as much detail as possible. I will look over your project and get back to you with an estimate and availability. It doesn't hurt to ask.